• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5" lift Questions?

jre29

NAXJA Forum User
I am waiting to install my RE 3.5" lift on 2000 XJ. I was talking to someone else and he said that I am going to "definately" need a SYE for this lift and a 97+ XJ. Will I be ok with just a 1" T-case drop or should I go ahead and order the SYE? I am kind of hurting on funds and would rather not go with the SYE right now. The guy I was talking to said that he has a 2" BB on his 98 XJ and he needed a 1" t-case drop, so he said that I would definately need one with a 3.5" lift. Also, is the RE 3.5" lift a higher lift than all other ~3" lifts or is that just their trademark? Thanks for the info.

That kit will most likely net +4",and you may very well need a SYE kit.I ended up buying 2.Tried the hack-n-tap but needed the HD style!

Why did you need the HD style?

TOZOVR said:
Why did you need the HD style?

I still had some vibes do to the length and additional weight of the cv shaft.Went to the JB kit and all is well(that was at 3",and Ive lifted 4 times since then.I still dont like the 8.25" but I just started tearing down my new D44 and it looks great!

No I have a 2000 XJ.

jre29 said:
No I have a 2000 XJ.

I have a '99...when I went with the RE 3.5 I had to install a Tcase drop until I could get my SYE in.

I'm waiting on the RE6030 kit also- should be in any day now.

From my understanding, the older (96 and earlier) XJ's are more likely NOT to have issues. I have a 96 and I'm hoping this is true, because my Jeep fund$ are depleted.

Also, I have read on other forums that the RE 3.5" kit will give about 5" in the back and 4.5" in the fromt when first installed, and will settle in to about 4~4.5" in the rear and 4" up front after a few months.See http://www.ilovejeeps.net/showthread.php?threadid=11386

I'll be putting the lift on in September, so I guess I'll find out then...

Last edited:
Back