• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who wants to fix my oil leak

Are you leaking oil, leaving puddles? Try this, Get a can of engine steam, oven cleaner or the likes there of, & clean the crap out of it. Drive around the block, park it & start looking for the oil trail. if no visible oil leaks can be found, look inside your air cleaner.

Good luck
Rob

Midnight Krawler said:
Replace the O-rings in the oil filter housing and most of your leaks will disappear.
Thats amazing...how did you know where it was coming from when you are 500 miles away and have never seen it?

Try this one...why does my Jeep set a check engine light for TPS when the TPS is functioning properly?

Thanks for the help.

BTW x2 on what felix said.

Switch1625 said:
hwo do you go about changing the o rings
Remove the oil filter, then remove the bolt that holds the oil filter adapter to the block(might be more than one bolt, cant remember now), remove the adapter itself. You should be able to see the Oring either stuck to the block or on the adapter in your hand.

BUT...don't you want to KNOW where the leak is coming from first? Do like FELIX sadi and clean the whole motor down, then drive a short distance and see where the fresh oil comes from.

djblade311 said:
hopefully its not the rear seal.

Supposedly they are not that bad.

Remi volunteered to do mine when it gets a little worse :D

cracker said:
Supposedly they are not that bad.

Remi volunteered to do mine when it gets a little worse :D

Really?? I need to re-do my RMS. It leaks more now than before.:mad: Rear main seal party??

xjohnnyc said:
Really?? I need to re-do my RMS. It leaks more now than before.:mad: Rear main seal party??

Sure!!!

We'll do it on his driveway :D

But we need to wait until his final school project is done :(

Back