• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Screwed up my headliner

alpinetiburon04

NAXJA Forum User
I was brushing the foam off of my headliner the other day and got lazy. I decided to use a damp brush to help me out and ended up taking the top layer of thin plastic off of the headliner board. I did a search and one person this happened to them but wasn't a problem, however...

I was wondering if there's any kind of stiffener out there. Something clear that comes in a can that I could brush on? I figure it would make the headliner a little harder in some places. Around mounting areas my headliner is flaking apart, and I don't want to reupholster the thing and then have it fall apart on me in a few weeks. Any ideas? Could I just use watered down elmer's glue?

There are a couple of threads here about that. One guy just took his off, primed it, painted it, then clear coated it. i was thinking of doing that to mine, looking at the "pelucid" stuff that they sell on the "por-15" website (porstore.com). You can use that stuff on metal, wood, whatever and it should stiffen it up a bit. Do a search, he had pictures and everything, i know i've seen it here.............

why not just go to wallyworld and get some epoxy. prolly cost you 10 or 15 bucks for a few tubes but it would work to stiffen that board up...if you wanna go the whole mile lay some cheap fiberglass tape down with the epoxy and the thing will last forever.

pikey77 said:
why not just go to wallyworld and get some epoxy. prolly cost you 10 or 15 bucks for a few tubes but it would work to stiffen that board up...if you wanna go the whole mile lay some cheap fiberglass tape down with the epoxy and the thing will last forever.

Probably the best bet, sheet of fiberglass mat, coat the liner, lay the mat down and coat the mat on top. Other alternative is go pick one up at a boneyard..

Back