• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

makeitmopar.com

tgregg

NAXJA Member #1444
makeitmopar.com Does anyone know anything about this vendor. I am getting frustrated by lack of response to questions regarding my order for nut strips. They had a good price but if they don't fullfill my order and just leave me hanging the best price means nothing. My local dealer can get them in 2 days, so far I have been waiting a week just to find out if they can get them.

looks like it is a dealer out of Texas

Helfman Dodge
7720 KATY FREEWAY
HOUSTON, TX, 77024

Alota dealerships are going with that trademotion interface... My favorite is Sussex AutoMall www.chryslerpartsdirect.com

Heh, another 'Powered by Trademotion' vendor. I'll add them to the list; more on this in a few.

FWIW, I've had really good luck (and prices) with allchryslerparts.com. They're a dealer out of Kansas City, Missouri, and for stuff I can wait a few days for they've been great - one word of warning, though, sometimes stuff is backordered and it takes a few days to get it. My extended idle switch and bezel are a good example: the bezel was in stock, but it took a week to get the switch. Not a huge deal, but just something to be aware of.

Getting back to the 'Powered by Trademotion' thing for a moment: there are a number of dealers operating online sales departments that all use a generic format for their websites developed by a company called (go figure) Trademotion; there was even a thread on this a few weeks ago.

What I'm thinking is that Trademotion provides them with access to a central parts database as part of the ecommerce package. The individual dealers set their markup for the parts with Trademotion, but they all search the same database. If you look at that thread I linked above, you'll notice that they all had the same parts listed as available - not that that's impossible, but I've never seen one dealer not have an item listed as available that another doesn't. This kind of bears out the central database theory; if I get bored this week maybe I'll give Trademotion a call and see what they have to say.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent - it sounds as though you're just getting lousy customer service from that dealership. All I can really say is that you may want to cancel and re-place your order with another vendor; voting with your wallet is usually the best bet when getting poor service online.

Thanks, After several days they sent me a request to approve them ordering the part. So I guess it is a lesson learned. The nut strips are to mount my hitch receiver so they are not desperate. But I wanted to warn other XJers of a potential problem.
I appreciate you guys with good computer skills giving this old guy some info. If nothing else it is very interesting.

Just ordered my nutstrips from allchryslerparts.com. Good overall service They were the cheapest "Trademotion" Vendor by a few dollars. Local dealer wanted $30 ea.

tgregg said:
Yes, lesson learned. How long did it take to get them?

Let's see (this is from allchryslerparts.com):

- Leaf spring bushings: about a week.

- Speedo drive gear and extended idle switch: two-and-a-half weeks (switch had to be located).

- Switch bezel and something else I'm forgetting (got it over the phone, so can't check online history): about a week.

Gotta say that I've been really happy with their service - for both ordering and just answering questions about my order, they were great and way undercut local dealer prices on OEM stuff - in fact, they were cheaper on the bushings than the local aftermarket parts chain stores. Definitely using them again for anything that isn't time-critical.

chryslerpartsdirect.com may not be the cheapest but i never waited more then a day for an item to ship ie: if it was special order they got it the next day and had it out to me that day.. .so 48 hrs at the longest from order recvd to shipment

tgregg said:
Yes, lesson learned. How long did it take to get them?

If that was to me, I ordered it last Thursday afternoon, and should be here by this coming Wednesday. The hitch I pulled off a wreck is being stripped and epoxy primed, so I'm not in a hurry to get the nutstrip. My jeep had the right side (as most do) already, so the left was all I needed. I would have gotten the one off the donor, but I didn't have my cordless drill to get the rivet out.

wilcharl said:
chryslerpartsdirect.com may not be the cheapest but i never waited more then a day for an item to ship ie: if it was special order they got it the next day and had it out to me that day.. .so 48 hrs at the longest from order recvd to shipment

They're a trademotion outfit as well and is actually Franklin Sussex Automall. Not sure where they were located. Can't complain as they shipped out my retainer plates shipped in 2 days.

Back