• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speakers

aldrin

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, this is the first time I post here! I´m from Sweden so pardon my english... I am about to change my frontspeakers on my XJ 94 and I need some hints how to do it the easiest way. How much of the dashboard do I need to remove and how do I get the new wires through the door, it seems very tight. Is there anyone who have done this and would like to write an "how to" in detail? I´d appreciate any help! Thanx. //Aldrin

Not sure of your year but on my 98 it was just a matter of removing the door liner, unscrewing the old speakers, unplugging them, screwing in the new pioneers and the schoch wiring adapter and putting the cover back on...taking the door liners off was the major pia about the swap.

yeah, leave the factory wires there and re-use them to make your life easier. You don't need to upgrade the wiring unless you are running some really high power. Removing the door panel is the hardest part. Try not to break any of the plastic inserts.

Also check to make sure your aftermarket speaker magnets don't protrude past the window. So install the new speaker and roll your window down to make sure it clears. If it doesnt, get some spacers from any audio shop.

aldrin said:
Ok, I´ll try the easy way first and go with the old wires. Thanks a lot guys! //Aldrin

Remember the scoch adatper plugs, they make life much easier..

They actually make a tool that looks like a big fat screwdriver to help remove the panel. This tool slides in around both sides of the plastic insert so you don't break them. It only cost around 5 bucks or less and you might use it alot, check auto parts store.

Back