• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some axle install help this weekend

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

My axle install is moving along. The D44 is in and is running great. I am looking for some help this weekend to install the D30. I need to remove my existing one, then remove the shafts and knuckles and install them in the "new" one. I also need to press out the old ball joints and install the new ones. Additionally, I need to install the HD tie rod and new tie rod ends.

I am looking for help on Saturday. Pizza and beverage (your choice) will be available.

Please let me know if you can help.

I am in Lake Forest.

Thank you,

Robert

Hey guys,

I am flexible and would like help this weekend or the following (April 29th).

Thanks in advance.

Hey Rob, I'd love to but I've got some major home improvements that need to be done by April 25th. Inlaws are coming and the baby shower is coming up. Otherwise, I'd be game.

djblade311 said:
Hey Rob, I'd love to but I've got some major home improvements that need to be done by April 25th. Inlaws are coming and the baby shower is coming up. Otherwise, I'd be game.

Thanks dude. Good luck on the house projects. I have a list that keeps building. Save some of the work for the in-laws :firedevil

Sh!t. I made prior arrangements both weekends. Sorry Robert :(

cracker said:
Sh!t. I made prior arrangements both weekends. Sorry Robert :(

No worries. Glad to hear yours is on the road again.

Thanks,

rpraterxj said:
Thanks dude. Good luck on the house projects. I have a list that keeps building. Save some of the work for the in-laws :firedevil

Thanks. I've been putting them to work every time they come out. I figured I'd give em a break and atleast a finished room that they can sleep in. heh

This install will occur the following weekend! I will not be able to work on it this weekend. SOOOOOOO...

If there is anyone that can help me out, please let me know.

Saturday,April 29th sometime int the AM.

25251 Arder Court
Lake Forest, 92630

Thanks,

Uhhh...I think I'm busy that weekend too. :)

J/K...I should be able to lend a hand. You DID say pizza, didn't you? :D

xjohnnyc said:
Uhhh...I think I'm busy that weekend too. :)

J/K...I should be able to lend a hand. You DID say pizza, didn't you? :D

Yep! PIZZA and choice of beverage. Beer will be available after axle is in..... I know how you guys get after a few.....:cheers:

xjohnnyc said:
You DID say pizza, didn't you? :D

Twinkie :D:D:D:D

What? No Kim Chi?

xjohnnyc said:
OK...kim chi pizza.

There you go.

We still need to go out to get some Gal Bi with Mei :wave:

cracker said:
There you go.

We still need to go out to get some Gal Bi with Mei :wave:

Hey, get off my thread... LOL just kidding. You guys should come to my place next Saturday and talk about it while we install an axle.

Re: Need some axle install help this weekend - UPDATED!!

Hey gang,

The install did not happen this past weekend. So now I have to get this done this weekend so I can wheel it in Big Bear for SOCAL Fest!

I am looking for a little help on Saturday. I plan on starting around 10:30 AM. The address is 25251 Arder Court, Lake Forest 92360. My cell is 714-319-7135.

I will be removing my stock D30, removing the shafts & knuckles. Then installing shaft/knuckles in my built D30. Install ACOS, brake lines, ball joints, bumpstops, and HD tie rod.

Pizza and drinks provided to those that help.

Any takers?

Thanks in advance!

rpraterxj said:
Hey gang,

The install did not happen this past weekend. So now I have to get this done this weekend so I can wheel it in Big Bear for SOCAL Fest!

I am looking for a little help on Saturday. I plan on starting around 10:30 AM. The address is 25251 Arder Court, Lake Forest 92360. My cell is 714-319-7135.

I will be removing my stock D30, removing the shafts & knuckles. Then installing shaft/knuckles in my built D30. Install ACOS, brake lines, ball joints, bumpstops, and HD tie rod.

Pizza and drinks provided to those that help.

Any takers?

Thanks in advance!

While I can't make it I can still provide tools: do you still need the balljoint press and adapter set?

Kejtar said:
While I can't make it I can still provide tools: do you still need the balljoint press and adapter set?

That's cool. I am sure most folks have to get their own junk ready.

I did borrow a balljoint press, but I have not atempted it yet. It has only straight adapters, no angled ones. I hope to get started on the ball joints on Friday afternoon. then get the heep in the garage and get started on removing some of the front end. Then pick back up on Sat. morning.

Thanks,

rpraterxj said:
I did borrow a balljoint press, but I have not atempted it yet. It has only straight adapters, no angled ones.

While it is doable with the straight ones... believe me: angled ones make it so much easier :D

Kejtar said:
While it is doable with the straight ones... believe me: angled ones make it so much easier :D

So are you offering? If so, can we meet somewhere? I am in Seattle Wed thru Fri morn. I can swing by your place after I land, but I don't think you are home at 3:00 PM are you? I will be in Long Beach tomorrow evening.

Thoughts?

PS, I have that trac bar for your dad's rig. I will grab it and toss it in the Jeep.

rpraterxj said:
So are you offering? If so, can we meet somewhere? I am in Seattle Wed thru Fri morn. I can swing by your place after I land, but I don't think you are home at 3:00 PM are you? I will be in Long Beach tomorrow evening.

Thoughts?

PS, I have that trac bar for your dad's rig. I will grab it and toss it in the Jeep.

Give me a call later on today as to when you're going to be in my area and we can make arrangements.

Back