• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New XJ owner.... Finally

crazy4mopar

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys
I finally found a nice cherokee. :D
1989 JEEP CHEROKEE 4WD...4.0 Liter engine, Automatic transmission, Power windows, power locks, am / fm stereo cassette the odometer shows 181,868. The body is very straight, the paint is in pretty good shape. BFG Tires. My only concern is that between 66 and 70 the overdrive seems to kick in and out (I think) the RPS go up about 400 rpms than back down.....It stops doing that after 70 mph.The shifter has 1,2,3 and D on the gear selecter.Iit also has a power and comfort switch on the dash. I'm new to the Jeep world and could use any info please. :wink:
Thanks!

good find. don't know about your problem mine can barely go 65, 70 would be thrilling.

[quote:e7a648f6b9="Kernel"]good find. don't know about your problem mine can barely go 65, 70 would be thrilling.[/quote:e7a648f6b9]

mmmmm So smokin the tires 1-3 is a good thing? :D

i had the same thing happen to me about 6 mths ago
it turned out to be a tps adjustment
but during the trouble shooting i moved the tv cable:)
i had to adjust it per my FSM

re: New XJ owner here...Finally

[quote:1dfe69ca53="frsno jeeper"]i had the same thing happen to me about 6 mths ago
it turned out to be a tps adjustment i had to adjust it per my FSM[/quote:1dfe69ca53]

I put on a new TPS and it shifts REALLY nice now!! :D

Back