• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about K&N filter on rusty's???

hangubus

NAXJA Forum User
Hey i wanted to order a 6x9 K&N filter from rusty's and make my own tube. The 4.5x5 filter is the normal color but the 6x9 is white? Anybody know why? does it make a difference? Ive never seen a white one before and i just need to know why its white before i order it. thanks

P.S. I searched.

albino?
you should be able to get one locally, i know the local ricer shop has k&n cone filters of many different sizes, that way you could be sure

K&N's junk expensive junk for any off road use.
You get more air but also more dirt along with it.
Their fine for Professional racing but they change engines as often as I change socks.

hangubus said:
Hey i wanted to order a 6x9 K&N filter from rusty's and make my own tube. The 4.5x5 filter is the normal color but the 6x9 is white? Anybody know why? does it make a difference? Ive never seen a white one before and i just need to know why its white before i order it. thanks

P.S. I searched.

The K&N filters come pre-oiled, that oil is died red. They do this so you know when you have an enough and even coating of oil.

langer1 said:
K&N's junk expensive junk for any off road use.
You get more air but also more dirt along with it.
Their fine for Professional racing but they change engines as often as I change socks.

i've had no problem with mine, thats what the oil is for when you clean it

hangubus said:

P.S. I searched.

Yep... no problem. It's just not oiled. (I presume you're making this judgement from a pic somewhere?)

Den

Back