• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bearing hub strength?

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
how strong is the hub assy? will it hold the weight of a parts truck rolling around without the shafts installed?? or will they likely separate? i want to pirate whatever i can from my parts rig before it goes, but i dont want the hubs to break in half. this is only a rolling parts ride so it will never be street driven like this. i would think that as long as the hub is in good condition and not worn it should be ok... anyone have any input on this??
mike

They separate if driven without at least the outer stub axle to keep the hub together, but for rolling a few feet fore and aft, it should hold together for awhile.

Eagle's right. (been there, done that, LOTS of damage!):(
If it's just a parts pig, at least get some large bolts that go through the hub and hold everything together,

i think i'll skip that whole plan.. alot of work and i dont really know how what condition the hubs are in.. i'll file that under "lets forget i asked..."
mike

Back