• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who wants to go campin this weekend?

Switch1625

NAXJA Forum User
Me and a few other guys from other forums are goin up to truckhaven this saturday night, and campin there, then headin home sunday sometime. Let me know if youare intrested. Oh also is htere someone who can help me remove my doors on my 90 cherokee? Preferably before this saturday?

Thankyou

sounds fun but I've got more remodeling to do this weekend. :(

If my wife doesnt run the SD4wheelers powder puff run on saturday I might join you. Post location, time and channel info as it gets closer. Any wives or kids going?

John

What kinda' sick bastage goes wheelin' in the dez in April?????????????????
and......what other forums are we talking about here?:gag:
I don't know what this worlds coming too.....:D
Rick R:sunshine:

Jump This said:
What kinda' sick bastage goes wheelin' in the dez in April?????????????????
and......what other forums are we talking about here?:gag:
I don't know what this worlds coming too.....:D

Hey Rick.... at least it's not supposed to be too hot..... I think it's one of the last weekends before the turning.....:bawl:
I 2nd. Ricks Q.s basic wheel'n or ??

Curt :skull1:

Jump This said:
What kinda' sick bastage goes wheelin' in the dez in April???? I don't know what this worlds coming to.

What kind of purple bumpered, pansy ass, piece of... WAIT! :explosion

Never mind.

That would be me. :wave1:

Teaser photos from today's run on Cliff Hanger:
100_1568.jpg

100_1690.jpg

Now everyone please bow your head towards your Jeep and repeat after me...

Our Father
Which art in Moab
Jeep be thy name.
To thy Golden Crack we come
Thy maintenance be done
In garage
As it is on the trail
Give us this our daily rockcrawl
And forgive us our embarassing moment(s)
As our friends will not
And lead us not unto illegal closures
But deliver us from Sierra Clubbers
For thine is clearance
The articulation
And the traction forever

AMEN! :worship:

Modified from Glen Wakefields Off Roaders Prayer

nosigma said:
If my wife doesnt run the SD4wheelers powder puff run on saturday I might join you. Post location, time and channel info as it gets closer. Any wives or kids going?

John

Im not sure of location yet,i ve never been there. I think were gonna meet somewhere localy in like poway then head up in a jeep convoy. Theres 3 other 99 percent forsure goin, and about 3 maybes. probaly shouldnt bring kids... Its a bunch of 22 year olds and an 18 year old (me). Camp fire and everything at night. I dont think we are doin any insane wheelin, since i only have 2 inches lift, my friends f 150 is 2wd, and the other jeeps arent fully built up yet. Just goin out for fun. I dont know who has cb radio, i know i do, ive never used it yet.

This friday im gonna try to remove my doors, does anyone wanna help me?

You probably don't need help removing your doors,(at least for technical help) although I have never done it before, but I might ask why you are removing them??? I don't think you will find any need for the extra weight loss or clearance (?) in Truckhaven.
Have fun out there this weekend. I gotta' help out a friend with his shop...
Rick R:bawl:
PS Andy YOU SUCK!!! :D

Jump This said:
You probably don't need help removing your doors,(at least for technical help) although I have never done it before, but I might ask why you are removing them??? I don't think you will find any need for the extra weight loss or clearance (?) in Truckhaven.
Have fun out there this weekend. I gotta' help out a friend with his shop...
Rick R:bawl:
PS Andy YOU SUCK!!! :D

Its a jeep thing, you wouldnt understand.:viking:

The question is why wouldnt i want to remove my doors? Gives me an extra .010 seconds on the drag strip, and chicks dig a doorless jeep. And cause its summertime almost, and i dont have air conditioning.

Switch1625 said:
Its a jeep thing, you wouldnt understand.:viking:

The question is why wouldnt i want to remove my doors? Gives me an extra .010 seconds on the drag strip, and chicks dig a doorless jeep. And cause its summertime almost, and i dont have air conditioning.
Fair enough...but the Cherokees do dirive (sp?) some of the structural integrity from the doors....you might get pretty flexy without them (and without some additional flex prevention!!)
Now...maybe with some 33's.... some killer sounds...6" of lift...interior roll cage....4:88's....ohhhh...nevermind... :D

I dont know, some people say that it doesnt do any harm, some people do. Ill just buy some tube doors later on down the road.

But more importantly, who wants to help me lol, oh and who wnants to go campin

I might be down if my JV trip gets cancelled. Bunch of 2wd folks have alot of money and want to go in the dune. I told them they would get stuck, if they need a tow out ill go if they pay for gas.

forcefed said:
where is truckhaven? and whats it like?

It's in the desert, and it's dried mud. :D

--ron

PS: Rick can help you out by posting directions to his place. :D

As Ron implied....I live a few miles away form Truckhaven.
The terrain is dried mud (who said that?) Lots of ravines and tight washes mixed with some great climbs and just plain ol' fun type wheeling.
I ALWAYS have a blast out there, and I have also seen some stock type rigs just have a great time also......
Anyway....I can't play this weekend....so you all have a great time without me!
Use GoogleEarth to check it out.

Jump This said:
but the Cherokees do dirive (sp?) some of the structural integrity from the doors....

derive....or better yet "inherits", "obtains"

:) :read:

tried google earthing it, it came up close to all pro offroad. is that the right area? I'm up for the trip, just would like better directions.

Adam

Back