• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Coil Springs?

• Thread starter offroadjeepin28
  • Start date
O

offroadjeepin28

I finally dicided that I am going to go with the Clayton's long arm kit, but know i need to figure out what coil springs I should get. I want to have around a 6" lift when I'm down. I have heard a lot of talk about skyjacker, rockcrawler, and RE. Please give tell me your personal experiences with any coil springs, likes and dislikes.

Oh... by the way, I use my xj 75% of the time on road. And I want a balance between flex and not sagging, unless I can have both! :)
Thanks for all you help,
Kevin Bradley

any accesories on the front, ie bumper/winch? we just installled some 6" coils on a friends, and even with his custom approx. 75-80lb bumper and milemarker winch they stayed at 6" they seemed to flex pretty well, tho honestly i haven't seen him try to flex em that much. just my .02

Maybe a truck Farm prerunner style bumper down the road, but no winch. What kind of springs did your friend get?

RE ZJ 4.5" coils. give about 6" on an XJ...flex and ride great

Brad

Any opinions about deaver's springs. And just a little side question, is it true that 6" coils in the front will turn out level with a 4.5" pack of leaf springs? If that is true then how high would I have to go in the front to level out a 5.5" national pack in the back?

Back