• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail jammer

dphillips

See,what had happened was
Anyone have any experiance with the trail jammer throttle body system? Is this relatively new? I just found out about it Saturday. A search only gave one post from back in Oct. 05.
It's a little pricey (about $870 for the whole system) but so is gas. If it will help save fuel and add a few ponnies it would be nice.

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/edge_trailjammer_tj/index.asp

According to this write up they were able to gain 21hp & 30ft/lbs of torque on a wrangler.

Any opinions??

I would make by the Intake from rustys offroad, build my own MAP sensor for $15.00, and buy a bored out throttle body from E-Bay for around $200 dollars. You could do it yourself for $300 dollars, it seems like a rip off to me, for that much money they should throw in exhaust or something.

Take your throttle body to a machine shop, you can get it bored to 60mm (which is the size of the trail jammer kit) and you wont have to replace the butterly, or bore it to 62mm and have them make you a butterfly for it, buy a rustys or K&N intake system, and you could buy a computer module like the venom 400 (claims 25% gains). All this will cost you rufly 7 to 800 bucks and will give you more power than the trail jammer kit.

I saw the trail jammer kit on Trucks, they seemed to like in on a tj, and it did lower the 0-60 times.
Or so they claimed. The new guys are jackasses, and they'll probably just repeat the sales literature.
it did look like a nice piece of hardware, but hwo knows if it actually lives up to the claims.

Yeah, that's where I first saw it. On trucks. I was just hoping maybe someone had some first hand experiance. I guess finacially it may not be worth the $$$$ if I can go different routes and make better gains.

Dont waste your money. Its not that great. I already auctioned mine off on ebay b/c it makes the check engine light stay on and makes the electric fan stay on because it runs hotter but on the positive side i was getting 22 mpg on the highway with the throttle body and chip still had stock intake. I guess what i'm trying to say is you can spend 400-700 dollars on other stuff and get alot more bang for your buck .
ps-i have a 2000 XJ 4.0 auto i need to put that in my signature

Back