• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil adaptor O ring replacement writeup.

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Must be getting sick of my posting this stuff but clearing out some old photos with some being 2 years old for write ups. Just added one for replacing the O rings for the oil adaptor which when leaking can even look like a rear main seal. The right up is in the service and repair section. www.go.jeep-xj.info

OilAdaptor%20007.jpg

Thanks for the new writeup. I had mine leaking as well and thought it was my main rear seal too until my mechanic friend took a look. I was told it's a faily common leak. Keep writing them. I really enjoyed reading the one on wheel alignments.

sweetness, I've had the o-rings sitting around for two months. Now maybe I'll get to it. Just scared of taking out that bolt

Need to do this on mine.

I once found a write up on getting rid of the metric filter threads on the 87-90 4.0 engines. Anybody know the one I am talking about? Might as well do that at the same time, not all places stock the older style filter anymore.

Back