• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Thanks

GI-John

NAXJA Forum User
To Phil (ECKSJAY), Matt (IXNAYXJ) and Ian (Slacker87XJ) for assisting me in installing my RE 9900 drop brackets and braces. No pics.

The ride is incredibly stock (like I know what stock feels like) nonetheless it's smooth!

IXNAY'S IPA is going into secondary tomorrow. :cheers:

Gotta love the NWC

John

12GaugeXJ said:
Haven't really tried different kinds of beer. Mostly Coors Lite, and Guenniss. Ive been trying some of the better brands of whiskey latley(Knob Creek, Booker Noes) and they are good.
If you like beer at all, find yourself a good micro-brewer that has IPA. You won't ever look at Coors Lite again. Guinness, however, is always a good beer.

Go to a grocery store and grab a 22oz bottle of "Hop Henge", an IPA, made by Deschutes Brewery. It's a seasonal, but I've seen it still at local places such as Whole Foods, and Freddy's I believe. It'll only set you back three dollars and change, but it's worth it.

IXNAYXJ would agree.

12GaugeXJ said:
Haven't really tried different kinds of beer. Mostly Coors Lite, and Guenniss. Ive been trying some of the better brands of whiskey latley(Knob Creek, Booker Noes) and they are good.

Man, talk about the ends of the spectrum!
Coors Light is....well, to be honest, it's swill. 2 steps up from PBR
Guiness is the total opposite. It's a Stout. Very heavy taste.

You're hitting close with the Bourbon. One of my favorites are Knob creek. I had a chance to go to the distillery and sample most of the Beam whiskeys.

If you haven't tried Makers Mark, I suggest you do. VERY good Bourbon IMO.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/homepage.html?91,249

GI-John said:
To Phil (ECKSJAY), Matt (IXNAYXJ) and Ian (Slacker87XJ) for assisting me in installing my RE 9900 drop brackets and braces. No pics.

The ride is incredibly stock (like I know what stock feels like) nonetheless it's smooth!

IXNAY'S IPA is going into secondary tomorrow. :cheers:

Gotta love the NWC

John

I could go for some of that later. :) Glad you got everything on OK. Those things really feel great with those shocks. :shocked:

GI-John said:
To Phil (ECKSJAY), Matt (IXNAYXJ) and Ian (Slacker87XJ) for assisting me in installing my RE 9900 drop brackets and braces. IXNAY'S IPA is going into secondary tomorrow.
It was absolutely my pleasure. We only went through TWO kegs of homebrew...! And we all know I didn't help THAT much. I just brought beer, steaks, cigars, and a smart-ass sense of humor. In any event, it was a very fun time and it was great meeting your wife; she's a real blast!

On our way back out of the gates, she took us wheeling, and we encouraged her to follow where you went earlier. You should have heard her giggling! Anyway, I'll be there when IXNAY's IPA gets done for sure!
pdxxjnoob said:
Go to a grocery store and grab a 22oz bottle of "Hop Henge", an IPA, made by Deschutes Brewery. It's a seasonal, but I've seen it still at local places such as Whole Foods, and Freddy's I believe. It'll only set you back three dollars and change, but it's worth it.

IXNAYXJ would agree.
Ha, that's funny! We drank the last bottle of Hop Henge on Saturday. It's been the inspiration for the IXNAY's IPA, I think.

-----Matt-----

GI-John said:
Coors Light is....well, to be honest, it's swill. 2 steps up from PBR

What?? You're right about the Coors Light, but PBR is the only American macro brew even worth touching! ;)

Anyway, thanks for the hospitality, John, and the fantastic homebrew. :cheers: I'm sold on the drop brackets - they're on the short list for this summer.

Ian

IXNAYXJ said:
We only went through TWO kegs of homebrew...!
-----Matt-----

Correction.

8.5 gallons of Homebrew
12 pack of Mirror Pond/Pale Ale
3 bottles of Hop Henge IPA
1 Bottle of Makers Mark
1 Bottle of Wine

And I'm not sure who did it, but my O'douls are missing.:doh:

Back