• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 dr xj owners

kennzz05

basic dumbass
I figure there arent many 2 door xj s out there as i hardly ever see em . Can anyone eloborate? If you do have a 2 door do you have vent windows in the rear glass? also mine has silver reflective privacy glass ive never seen one with the side windows and reflective glass .If you got one love to hear bout it , thanks. 98 white 2dr sport w/ 292,000 on it never had major wk. done got 30h 11.5w tires(yes they rub) conversion headlights crome grill/hdlight bezels altezza rear lights all bulbs have been replaced with led's

what is your question?

I have a 2 door

no side vent wondows in the rear windows

I bought some rear vent wondows from pick and pull, but they also do not have the reflective glass.

I have since removed my rear seat and no longer carry passengers, so i dont know what to do with the windows now...

88 2-door Laredo, four functional vent windows, 4.0L and Peugeot 5-speed. Full centre console.

I'm going to get rid of the aftermarket sunroof tho - I'm tired of gooping the thing shut just about every month. I keep the back seat folded down in "cargo mode," since I tend to keep more than a few things in my rig... I'll probably eliminate the rear seat entirely one of these days - just to simplify things. I'll keep the concealed storage underneath - and make a few more mods.

But, lose the sunroof first!

5-90

99 White 2dr. 2.5in of lift now (RE 4.5 spring pack on the way!). 31x10.50 tires that rub as well. 4.0L AX-15 tranny. No vent windows, factory tint in the back. My back seat bottom is in storage, added lots on cargo room and allows me to put the front seats where I want them - great for when you need to sleep in them on long trips.

kennzz05 said:
is the wheelbase the same?

wheel base and everything about them is exatly the same (excpt for the ovibous)

I have noticed that Most 2 doors came with the manual transmission rather than the auto... but that could just be my own slant on things....

I have a 2 door with an auto. I dont have the vent windows in the back, and personally, I like it better. Seeing how I dont have a rear seat, its pointless too to have the vents in the back.

Ive seen a couple around here, and like opie said, they are mostly manuals.

Yup... got one, a 91. Its got the rear vent windows and the glass like what you said.
Guess they just did not make as many 2-drs as the 4-drs cause ya just dont see many 2-drs running around. Dont know what the "ratio" is between the 2 & 4 drs but I have one of each.
icon12.gif

Never paid too much attention to the wheelbase, but I do belive they are the same.

100_1655.jpg

89 2 door Laredo, vent windows in back, aftermarket silver reflective window tint. AW4 trans that will be getting rebuilt soon, 4.0 with 216xxx and going strong. Hope to have an RE 3.5 and 31s on by June. Never enough cash or time...

The wheelbase is the same between 2 and four door ( I have one of each) as far as the vent windows in the rear the are an option so it depends on what the original owner asked for or what the build sheet said as it went down the line. I have an '89 Laredo 2dr 5sp with all four vent windows (and they all open) the funny thing is even if noone is in the rear of mine I still open them as it seems? to help w/wind noise (besides they just look cool)

Doug

Picture037.jpg

97, vent windows, privacy glass.

I had a 1985 2dr 2.5L 4-speed with no vents and currently own a 1990 4.0 AW4 with rear vents and privacy glass.

The 2 doors are definately far more rare. My father has been looking for a clean straight rust-free one for a few months now and hasn't found any he likes. 4 doors are a dime a dozen, I've 4 four doors to every 2 door.

relective glass that also has a layer of tint on mine
vents too
but the rear window isn not tinted ive seen some that are

Last edited:
I have a 1984 2-door xj pioneer, no vented rear windows, but i removed the back seat; rear roof, windows, and liftgate.. so no need.

My brother has a 1990 2-door xj with the window vents and privacy glass.

Back