• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 5.5 Longarm kit/ Help Please!!!

smokeeaterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys
I just got done lifting the my 98 Classic, with the 5.5 RE Long Arm lift. But I have one problem.....

For some reason the knuckle with the bushing on the steering linkage, (if thats what its called) in the front rubs really bad against my JKS quicker diconnects. What gives?
It even rubs on the pin where the disconnect should go. did I miss anything? was I supposed to flip that around? Please help! Im almost finished! just this last thing is holding me up. :(

that is where your tie rod hooks to the drag link. i had the same problem. i put a strap around the drag link, hooked the other end to a super duty, put jeep in four low, and stuck her in reverse. a few very light pulls and it gave plenty of clearance. but you will then need to set your toe, and get an alignment. of course you need to anyways since you just lifted it.

Back