• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8 inch xj lift

yes its drops all 4 CA's. running arms in the stock location on 8" would be scary. RE sells the brackets+ frame brace. i think trail master also has a kit. go long arms!

ive heard good things about the RE drop brackets. you might want to look into a TnT long arm kit for 8 inches.

i kind of new to this, so this is my 2 cents.

12GaugeXJ said:
8" IS too much for factory arms. Go long arms. TnT long arms.
Not True, im runnin 10" lift with factory arms:D

I've been running RE drop brackets with JKS UCA's and LCA's for years and no problems yet. I figure if I do I'll then get the RE LCA upgrade.

at the minimum go with drop brackets, do not go that high on short arms.

I wouldn't want to drive a jeep on 8 inches and short arms... your mannerisms will suck even with drop brackets I think... drop brackets plus arms will run your close to 700... get long arms

I'm at 8" drop brackets and the RE arms that come with the 5.5 short arm kit, no problems, road manners are smooth as hell and I can stuff 35's Into the fenders.....

to lift a jeep 8" (correctly) is going to cost you THOUSANDS..... if you think you can do it for less, dont do it

also, 8" of lift is enough for 39's if not bigger, there for you need bigger axles....if your not planning on running tires that big, dont lift it that much.....

i had plenty of room for 39's w/ 7" of lift and some trimming

I'm running a D44 front and D60 rear on 8" of lift with short arms and no SYE. I have a 3/4" t-case drop and the pinion is rotated up, no vibes at any speed. The handling is quirky at highwayspeeds so I'm currently working on a set of long arms.

I trailer my rig to the trails so for now its not big issue for me.

I'm keeping an eye out for a good deal on a used SYE kit with or without t-case but currently its not on the list for upgrade simply because it hasn't given me a problem. The longer snout on the D60 has probably helped with the angles, you may not be so lucky with a stock diff.

tealcherokee said:
also, 8" of lift is enough for 39's if not bigger, there for you need bigger axles....if your not planning on running tires that big, dont lift it that much.....

i had plenty of room for 39's w/ 7" of lift and some trimming

How much articulation do you have? At 7" of lift with 36" Iroks I could easily rub at full articulation, and thats with short arms. I imagine that once the long arms go in I will be rubbing pretty good. I couldn't imagine running anything bigger. My front fenders are cut about as far as possible.

haha this is the same guy who says he has 35's on a welded dana 35. here your asking about lifts and SYE's. something doesnt add up

i lost all my pics......but.....enough, somewhere around 1350 on a 20* rti with rear leaves and regular shackles

Last edited:
Back