• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just a quick question

xj89

NAXJA Forum User
havent had death wobble for sometime now, but it came back the other night. im pretty sure i narrowed it down to the track bar, the end on the frame is worn, and that joint kinda freely spins in its bore. and i cant crank down the track bar tight enough. im right in thinking this is causing my deathwobble right. Also its only happening between 40-55 mph?? once i hit 60-to beyond its fine.

are your tires in balance when was the last time you had it done.could be the trackbarthe only way to find out is to narrow it down by going over everything

well i havent had my tires balanced in quite some time. mostly due to the fact im going bigger real soon. and tthis death wobble just came back after it being gone for 6 months. and ive basically narrowed it down to the worn track bar end, or unbalanced tires.

don't feel bad. i just installed a rusty's hd adj. track bar and hd frame mount and track bar brace and my death wobble came back....grrrrr.... at least yours came back for free. mine cost me a couple hundred bucks to get it back!!!

phurealdeaux said:
don't feel bad. i just installed a rusty's hd adj. track bar and hd frame mount and track bar brace and my death wobble came back....grrrrr.... at least yours came back for free. mine cost me a couple hundred bucks to get it back!!!

if you didn't have it before the swap you shouldn't have it after.you forgot to tighten something all the way or something came loose on you.

as for Xj89 go get the tire rebalanced and see what happens or tighten down the frame mount on the trackbar.you might want to think about replacing the upper mount of trackbar altogether

Wil Badger said:
if you didn't have it before the swap you shouldn't have it after.you forgot to tighten something all the way or something came loose on you.

yea, you'd think so. i wish it was that easy but, everything is torqued to spec. the 2 track bar bracket bolts and 2 nuts~110ftlbs, bracket end bolt~80ftlbs, axle end bolt ~80ftlbs and the brace ~ 100ftlbs..... and i've reverified everything twice.....grrrrr....

sorry to hijack

yea i think instead of replacing the end im just going to replace the whole trackbar alltogether. i bought it used off my buddy, its just a regular rustys adjustabele, and it looks kinda weak and useless, id like to upgrade to a jks or something. that just looks and feels indestructable.

phurealdeaux said:
im sure its rustys fault. do you even know how to install a track bar. center the axle under the body, then check your alignment. when i first put my rig to 9" i had the rustys HD tracbar and mount with stock steering 3''drp pitman and 36's(balanced 36's). a 10 minute self alignment. no problems even on highway.
oh yea none of the track bar bolts were put on with a torque wrench. i used the one in my arm

Last edited:
skyjackedxj96 said:
im sure its rustys fault. do you even know how to install a track bar. center the axle under the body, then check your alignment. when i first put my rig to 9" i had the rustys HD tracbar and mount with stock steering 3''drp pitman and 36's(balanced 36's). a 10 minute self alignment. no problems even on highway.
oh yea none of the track bar bolts were put on with a torque wrench. i used the one in my arm

some people make it very difficult for me to be nice..... and i try, i try so very hard.....

yes, oh doubting one, i do know how to install a track bar. this ain't my first rodeo there, pard'.

if i offended your delicate sensitivities or implied that those who don't use the proper tools don't know what they're doing, i apologise to you, kind folks...

if i implied that rusty's offroad or their products are all or partly responsible for my death wobble, i apologise to you nice people at rusty's...

oh, and skyjackedxj96, congratulations on your successful lift. i hope in the future you receive everything you deserve....

Back