• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to measure axle shafts

XJoachim

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of building my front D60. After shortening and switching the diff to drivers side i need new axle shafts. How do you calculate or measure for the new length of the inner shafts?

Just subtract the length that you cut from the axle tube from the length of the axle that needs to be shortened. ame goes for the side that needs to be longer, add the length that you added to the tube.

Dan

This is the way i thought of it, but when you order how do you specify the length of the shaft, how do you determine shaft length?

They usually want center of yoke to end of splined shaft.

BTW center of yoke is Center of the hole that the u-joint goes through. Just in case you didn't know that already.

Or... call the place that's going to respline the shafts and ask them how they want you to measure.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Dan

Thanks, i know what a yoke is :D :D but i don't get the shafts resplined, i want new ones, 35 spline chromoly :D :D

Where are you going to have them made? I've got great quality stuff from Dutchman Motorsports, and they are good to deal with. I'm a lot disgruntled with one of the other popular axle builders here in SoCal, but have been very happy with Dutchman.

Dan

I thought about Dutchman or Currie, have not decided yet, but i tend to order from Dutchman.

Back