• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy Stud mount tops for bilstein 5150's

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
I saw someone post a link for these a while ago, but cant find it now. I want the stud mounts that bilstein makes for their 5150's, NOT an adapter.

Thanks

shortxjdoug said:
matt (rredalty) just built his
I was going to build some, but couldn't find anything with the right threads on it to match the top pole of the shocks. I figured I could butcher the eye ends that came with it to make my studs...but don't want to do that if I don't have to.

Anybody even know the thread size and pitch on the tops?

I have looked all over and cant find them...anybody have a link? Please!

JohnX said:
I was going to build some, but couldn't find anything with the right threads on it to match the top pole of the shocks. I figured I could butcher the eye ends that came with it to make my studs...but don't want to do that if I don't have to.

send him (rredalty) a pm and tell him doug sent you, he's got some really sweet home fab mods on his jeep like the rear shock towers through the floor and a raised fuel tank and other goodies i'm sure he'd be happy to explain his shock adapters

JohnX said:

Why does the thread pitch have to match? You can just use the appropiate nut on top.

ZPD said:
Why does the thread pitch have to match? You can just use the appropiate nut on top.
Take apart a 5150 lately??? The top eye mount screws off, then you have a short 12ish mm stud about a half inch long to work with. If you have the correct threads on another piece of metal to work with, then you can create your own stud mount for the top of the shock. You cant just use any size you feel like when you have to match something that is already part of the shock.

John, you order them direct from bilstein. I got mine from conejo off road when they were still open and heordered them direct. part # 192228

Aaron

Back