• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drilling upper control arms

burgess

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone elongated the hole on the foward end of the upper control arms for caster /pinion adjustment. I need the hole located about 1/4 inch foward . I Thought about welding a flat washer on either side of the arm and drilling a new hole. Any ideas?

burgess said:
Has anyone elongated the hole on the foward end of the upper control arms for caster /pinion adjustment. I need the hole located about 1/4 inch foward . I Thought about welding a flat washer on either side of the arm and drilling a new hole. Any ideas?

Yes, years ago I did this mod with stock UCA's to dial in the caster........adjustable arms are your friend, but it will work on the cheap. Weld on a fender washer and drill a new hole.

Why not just use the caster adjustment that is already built into the lower control arm mount?

shim9.jpg

Mmm, that photo looks familiar. ;)
You cant not leave the upper arm hole with a slot at all. Do it as shown above from my site or weld up the old hole first before drilling a new one or weld in a washer as stated above if for some reason you cannot shim the power arms as the factory does. www.go.jeep-xj.info

Back