• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any one have Eaton lockers?

XJdePlato

NAXJA Forum User
I see some great deals on Eaton electricaly activated lockers, but are they worth a damn? I know that those H2s come with them as an option. I just haven't heard of very many jeepers using them and they've been out for a few years. Any personal experiences or rumors about these things? By the way they own Detriot locker now.

On the Eaton locker, is powered supplied to lock the diff or to disengage?

Worded differently

If there was a circuit failure would the locker default to the locked position or to an open diff?

Thanks,
Tom

-desertjeeper, Ford 8.8 is the axle that I'm planning to put an eaton in if I plan to go that route. If it's alright with you I'd like to send you a PM in a few weeks and see how your locker is holding up before I get one. Thanks.

-Creeperjeep, sucks that it defaults in open setting.That kinda makes me want to get a detriot instead, but I'm going to keep my mind open and do my homework.
anyways , does anyone else have one of these units or know some bozzo with an H2 that actually uses it?

XJdePlato said:
-desertjeeper, Ford 8.8 is the axle that I'm planning to put an eaton in if I plan to go that route. If it's alright with you I'd like to send you a PM in a few weeks and see how your locker is holding up before I get one.

Sure, anytime.

I'm running one in my D44 with 32's. I've had it installed for over a year and haven't had any problems yet, but I haven't really had the chance to push it that hard. I've only done some level 3.5/4 rated trails in Moab with it. Plus from what I've read on here 32's on a D44 supposedly isn't nearly as stressfull on the axle shafts or R&P compared to something like 35's or larger. If I'm wrong, someone let me know. :)

i did a bunch of research on the web about them. nothing but good. the auburn weren't rated as well, too many people breaking them or just having problems. eaton's been around a long time and been making limited slips/lockers for GM diffs. i want to get one eventually. 2 would be better.

Back