• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Searched still have ? with HO head over renix block

Mike1331

NAXJA Forum User
I have 181,000 on my 87 block, it is starting to burn a little oil and spark plug threads get fouled with oil. So I believe I have leaky valve stem seals. On occasion it knocks at start up. I'll have a ten day window pretty soon to not drive it. I would like to port and polish a 91-95 head and give it a 5 angle valvle job, I know if i use the original intake it has to be notched to match the head. If I port the HO head will I have enough clearance with the renix intake to match it to a ported head? As I was searching I took in that the renix intake must "move up a little" Does that mean I must drill and tap new holes in the HO head to mount the renix manifold. If I use the HO manifold I have no problem with adapting the tps and map sensor to the new throttle body but the fuel lines worry me. Does anyone have a write up on how to adapt the renix fruel line to a 91-95 fuel rail?
Thanx for any input,
Mike

Renix manifolds will bolt up to a HO head. I have a HO head and a Renix manifold gasket if you want to see a picture. You do not have to drill or tap anything. If the intake manifold needs to be adjusted up a little, all you have to do is oval out the two dowel pin holes in the intake manifold to raise it up a little. The intake manifold is held in place by glorified washers. No bolts actually go through holes in the intake manifold.

If you're looking for horsepower, then go HO all the way. HO head, intake, throttle body and exhaust. There are plenty of threads here on how to adapt over. To me, it wouldn't make sense to spend time porting a head for horsepower and then putting the lower horsepower Renix manifold back on the head. I think the Renix fuel rail and injectors fit the early HO intakes if I remember right?

Seems like a waste of money to put a HO cam in an engine with 181K. Why not look for an engine and build a complete HO engine for your XJ.

Back