• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got cage welded in today....

xj-fx

NAXJA Forum User
Got the cage welded into the XJ today... went Marko Customs... If you are ever in Missouri you have to stop by and talk to John.. He has a vast knowledge of off roadin' and is a master welder... check out his web site...
http://www.markocustoms.com

1145050528_rc1.jpg

1145050587_rc2.jpg

1145050644_rc6.jpg

1145051752_rc8.jpg

1145051799_rc9.jpg

1145051857_rc4.jpg

The cage was a D & C cage I purchased on ebay... it is 1.5" OD and fits together nicely..

I can't tell by the pics as to the structure of the actual cage. It apears to me it may not have enough triangulation to be sound (from the pics).

i'm sure it's enough to save your noggin if you end up on your lid...
mdl said:
I can't tell by the pics as to the structure of the actual cage. It apears to me it may not have enough triangulation to be sound (from the pics).

xj-fx said:
The cage was a D & C cage I purchased on ebay... it is 1.5" OD and fits together nicely..

Looks Great.

Did D & C list the cage on ebay or was it a an individual who sold it? I am looking into a D & C cage kit and I don't know if I have ever seen one on ebay, might be a good place to get a deal though.

bshaw said:
something that I have always wondered. if you weld a cage just to the original floor and you do role the vehicle, wouldn't the cage just punch through the floor?

Yes. that's why if you look at any interior roll cage, they all use foot plates that bolt and/or weld to the floor, usually with a matching but different sized plate on the other side/bottom of the floor.

How long did it take to weld up?

I got quoted $50/hr from my local offroad shop to weld up my cage. Just seeing about what to expect.

ZachMan said:
How long did it take to weld up?

I got quoted $50/hr from my local offroad shop to weld up my cage. Just seeing about what to expect.
It can be done by one person in less than two hours.

Back