• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff Cover for Ford 8.8

XJdePlato

NAXJA Forum User
I'm a college student on a shoe string budget. I just got a Ford 8.8 and I'm trying to gather together all the parts I need ( R&Ps, lockers, brake stuff, etc) . I've heard that the stock Diff cover on the 8.8 is foil thin which is no good for wheeling. I would love something like a Crane Diff cover but it is way out of the budget unless I can find a used one. I looked on ebay and there is no mention as to their thickness and they're chrome which won't look that good on my rig. I'm willing to spend about $50-75 on a cover, any sugestions? Thanks

Why not just do protection.
diffgaurds_825.jpg

Do you mean do the fabrication myself? I'd love to but I'm terrible at it and I'm going to have a buddy weld my spring perches so it'll be a little much for me to ask him to also make me a diff cover. I live in Downtown San Diego in a tiny studio and buying a welder and learning how to do it is kinda out of the question for the time being. Are their any Fabricators on this site that'll make a cover for $75 or less?

Thanks for the help guys.
A local fabricator on this site already contacted me and said he could build me one for cheap so i'll probably go through him. Thanks for all the help.
-Jack

Back