• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP detroit locker in 8.25 saft wont clear ring gear

jameson is dope

NAXJA Forum User
first off Hello

ok so my problem is i purchased a detroit locker and after installing the ring gear the cross shaft will not come out of the carrier assembly. i am running 4.56 gears the same ones that i have been running for some time now. i was previously running a detroit ez locker that i broke.

how close is it? could you grind off a few hundreths and squeeze it?

Was the ring gear ground before and/or the gear needs to be "indexed" to the pin

it is close but at an angle. so if it has to be installed straight on when the axles are in then its not close enough to do any grinding! i just got it in the mail today and im not ready to do any grinding until i know that it is absoutly necessary incase i have to send it back!

oh if this helps the oem shaft that was installed with the ez locker was modified and barely fit past the ring gear. does anyone know if there are different thicknesses for a 4.56 in 8.25 set up?

They only have the one carrier size.Youll either have to grind the new pin or the gears.

yep, remove the carrier and ring gear. take out cross pin and shave one side of it slightly.

You can grind a tooth on the ring gear, it's done all the time in this situation and won't hurt anything.

Back