• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed a new fuel pump, now I have a 2200 RPM???

crackerjack

NAXJA Forum User
My fuel pump failed the other day. So I installed a new one and now I have a high 2200 RPM idle? Any idea what I screwed up?

THanks,
Jack

not sure what the fuel pressure is. I have been hunting around for a vacumn leak.

I stalled the jeep and it wouldn't restart. The fuel pump was dead. I replaced the fuel pump and it started up like a champ.....just that the idle is around 2200 rpms.

I've been searching on here to see what kind of fixes there are for it. I bought the jeep only about 4 months ago. The previous owner stated that he replaced the TPS. I was thinking maybe he didn't caliberate it right or maybe calibrated it to compensate for a weak fuel pump.

Thanks,
Jack

Disco the battery for 10 minutes, then drive it through several start engine/ stop engine cycles. It will most likely clear up.

Just wanted to thank everyone for thier help. The problem sort of fixed itself so I still really don't know what the problem was.

I tried to drive it around thinking maybe the thing would clear itself, but that proved to be impossible. It would surge to 3000rpms everytime I pushed the clutch in. So I parked it in the driveway quickly. I went out a little bit later and unplugged the TPS and plugged it back in (I had done that before a few times to no use) and I started it just so I could unplug sensor by sensor to see if I can see a drop in RPMS anywhere. To my surprise when I started the jeep is was idleing "normally" again.

A happy jeeper again
Jack

Back