• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ordered my Box4Rocks!

sycho15

NAXJA Forum User
As luck would have it, that blown slave-cylinder in the BA-10 has ended up making rather drastic changes to my Jeep Comanche's drivetrain.

I've bought a '94 YJ AX-15 with 10,000 miles on it since NEW ($550). However, it didn't come with a shifter

A friend got a 2wd parts XJ with an AX-15 and is trading me the shifter setup for a new set of bearings, seals, and retainers for his XJ D44. ($115)

The same friend gave me the front half of a '97 TJ 23-spline NP231. He'd bought it for the rear AA slip-yoke to put in his transfer-case and didn't need the rest. This is the donor 'case for my Box4Rocks.

I found a NP208 from an '81 Wagoneer. They're giving me the driveshafts from the vehicle also. ($50)

I just Pay-Paled DD Machine for an NP231 Box4Rocks kit. He says he's been so busy turning these out that he can't even answer the phone anymore. He lets people leave their information on the machine (when it's not busy!) and calls them back. He was VERY friendly and helpful, answered my questions regarding shifting setups, etc. ($400)

So far I'm $1,115 into my drivetrain swap.
1st gear (4.0) x Box4Rocks (2.72) x NP208 (2.61) x Differential (4.10) = 116.42 crawl ratio. Should be fun with a 3" lift, 31" tires, and dual lockers!

I'm expecting the Comanche to have enough wheelbase that I won't need a double-cardan rear driveshaft, despite the lift and extra driveline length.

June 2nd-4th I'll be in Uwharrie, NC. All of this will have to be done before then, as the MJ is currently a broken-down stocker.

My box4rocks is in the garage, awaiting a donor 23 spline case, going to double mine with a dana 300 (front digs are cool).

BRIANHO13 said:
(front digs are cool).

Yes they are, just don't try them with a Dana30 and stock shafts. :gag:
picture.JPG

Ive got mine as well, sitting at home, waiting for me to get back into the country and install it (and decide HOW I will do it!! Im debating on getting a new D300 flip thats coming out from Bulltear, and installing it, or just SYEing the current 231, putting in a 6 planetary low range set from a 241, and using it, dunno how either will fit best!!)

sycho15 said:
I just Pay-Paled DD Machine for an NP231 Box4Rocks kit. He says he's been so busy turning these out that he can't even answer the phone anymore. He lets people leave their information on the machine (when it's not busy!) and calls them back. He was VERY friendly and helpful, answered my questions regarding shifting setups, etc. ($400)

So that's why he didn't answer my email thru ebay! I did a buy-it-now on ebay this afternoon, but am yet to hear back from him!

Back