• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for jam nuts

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone knoo of a place locally (OC) that I can find jam nuts for stock tie rod ends? I need a right-hand and left-hand thread. I believe they are 11/16, fine thread. I checked with McFaddendale Hardware and they did not have any. I know I can order them online, but it will cost me more to ship them than the cost of buying them.

Thanks,

Robert

Please excuse my ignorance but why not just get some at pick-a-part or something??? Last time I was there I saw probably 8 cherokees from 2.8 to 4L auto and 5 speeds.

silverslk said:
Please excuse my ignorance but why not just get some at pick-a-part or something??? Last time I was there I saw probably 8 cherokees from 2.8 to 4L auto and 5 speeds.

From the description he's looking for non standard application: he's not looking for the crown nuts, but for nuts that go on the threaded part of the tie rod end that goes into the tierod so that he can lock those nuts against the tie rod body and do that instead of the locking sleeve (so I'm guessing non stock tie rod too).

I know you don't want to order them but if you come to the conclusion that you will have to order them, try www.partsmikeparts.com. Mike should have them.

Thanks guys. Here is the story. I bought a HD tie rod from a guy. he did not have TR ends or the jam nuts. I have a set of brand new TR ends. They fit the tie rod, but now I need the jam nuts to lack this thin into place.

I will look into Mike's. I know cRusty's has them. I was hoping to find something local. I plan on installing my newly geared & locked axles this weekend/Monday and wanted to changed out the tie rod at the same time. It looks like I'll be waiting a week or so.

Thanks again.

hit up the guys at polyperformance.com They are semi local and a great group for guys and girls ;)

btw: thanks for reminding me that I needed some for my tie rod =)

rpraterxj said:
Thanks guys. Here is the story. I bought a HD tie rod from a guy. he did not have TR ends or the jam nuts. I have a set of brand new TR ends. They fit the tie rod, but now I need the jam nuts to lack this thin into place.

I will look into Mike's. I know cRusty's has them. I was hoping to find something local. I plan on installing my newly geared & locked axles this weekend/Monday and wanted to changed out the tie rod at the same time. It looks like I'll be waiting a week or so.

Thanks again.

Now that I think about it try schorr metals up in Fullerton. IIRC they sell the threaded weld in sections for the TRE's 7146301962

Also dont forget that you may have Left and Right handed threads. Some people are lazy and do both Right handed on either side *cough* JB *cough* but I ended up tapping with left and right handed.

Hey Rob - if McFadden-Dale didn't have them, JKS is probably the best bet. Afterall, it's their tierod

GSequoia said:
I simply don't understand why one would want to jam thier nuts...

You're right G. Your gap is so big there is no need to be jamming.

cracker said:
I know you don't want to order them but if you come to the conclusion that you will have to order them, try www.partsmikeparts.com. Mike should have them.

I wheeled with Mike on Monday. Better give him time to get home.

Back