• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 260x to 297x axle upgrade question.

MachineMan

NAXJA Forum User
For my '90, I got a Yukon 4340 axle set for my D30 with diso blank-off kit. My question is, what can I do about those plastic dust seals, do I need different ones?

OK, follow up question, In the vac-disco blankoff kit it comes with 3 seals, any idea which ones go where? My project is stalled for now becuase I busted my breaker bar on the axle nuts.. Need to get a bigger one..

The odd seal with the extended end is the replacement for the stock seal on the drivers side....one or the other of the flat seals should fit in the axle tube on the passenger side...it goes in the tube at the carrier...hopefully one of them will fit...appearantly there are a few housings with wierd tubing I.D. and I appearantly have one of them:passgas:In either case, you have to pull the carrier to install them.

I ended up buying a non-disco housing and swapped my carrier and gears over....now seals are not a problem to get and fit.

Back