• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ LCAs on ZJ?

ckh550

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to sell my Rusty's lower control arms, from his 4.5" kit. These are the arms.

CIMG0860.jpg

CIMG0861.jpg

CIMG0862.jpg

A guy in my club locally wants to see if they'll fit for his ZJ. These are his specs:
1995 Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition, V-8, 3" lift, 31" TSL's on Soft 8's, Custom Roof Rack, Skyjacker Nitros, OME SS

Any idea if they will work, will they rub etc? I know they're from my 4.5" lift and he's got a 3" lift, but I think they'd probably work better at that height since at 4.5" they were too short for me.

Thanks in advance. And again, my check is in the mail, I should be 'going red' any day now!

Chris

mwm said:
Thats the most rediculas thing ive ever heard..Meaure? Explain
;)
Ummmm lets see:
1. you have a rig which needs control arms
2. you have the control arms
so
1. Find out where you want the axle to be (by disconnecting the control arms, or looking at the way it sits now and kind of eyeballing it).
2. Take a measurement for what length the control arms should be to achieve that position.
3. Compare that to the control arms that you have.

What you're looking at here is a non standard application of a non standard product..... so test fit and measuring things out is about all that you can do.

black93xj said:
Hes selling them he does not own a zj, one of the prespective buyers asked if they would work on a zj.
A guy in my club locally wants to see if they'll fit for his ZJ
Yup, best way to guarantee whether they will work is for him to test them. So since it looks like the guy is local, (or semi local maybe?) if it was me, I'd agree on the price and give them to him to test them out.

I believe the mounts will allow it, but will they be the right length. That is the question. But since he is in your club, let him try to put them on see if he likes it. If not no harm done, he can take them off and bring them back.

For those that helped, I appreciate it. I am trying to sell these to a guy who has a ZJ with a 3" lift and 31's. The LCA's are from rusty's 4.5 XJ lift. I guess I should have specified that.
I wasn't as much concerned with length as I was with rubbing and actually fitting to the axle and frame. I know it's either stock ZJ or WJ arms have a bend in them, so I wasn't sure if XJ straight fixed control arms would cause problems.

I guess I'll measure and see.

Thanks.

Chris

ckh550 said:
For those that helped, I appreciate it. I am trying to sell these to a guy who has a ZJ with a 3" lift and 31's. The LCA's are from rusty's 4.5 XJ lift. I guess I should have specified that.
I wasn't as much concerned with length as I was with rubbing and actually fitting to the axle and frame. I know it's either stock ZJ or WJ arms have a bend in them, so I wasn't sure if XJ straight fixed control arms would cause problems.

I guess I'll measure and see.

Thanks.

Chris
When it comes to rubbing, a lot will depend on his backspacing and tire width. Interference on the axle and the coil bucket side on the other hand... no clue.

Back