• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Length of adjustable LCAs for a 5 inch lift?

AJPulley

NAXJA Forum User
I have a question for the guys with about 5 inches of lift and adjustable control arms: What is the distance between bolt centers? I am experamenting with 5 inches of lift and adjustable LCAs. I have adjustable UCAs too, but am going to play with those at a later date.

When I last had my 3 inch lift aligned nine years ago, the movable piece for the LCA was at it's maximum travel (87s don't have the cam bolt, but an adjustable sleeve at the upper part of the LCA), and it was still about 2 degrees shy of correct caster. I think the old arms could have been a tad longer, but it's irrelevant now. It always drove OK, but it never returned to center well. So, I'm curious if anyone has experamented with how much longer to make the adjustable arms. These are STROKER's old arms, and he had them at about 16 11/16 of an inch center to center.

Any ideas would be helpful.

ajpulley said:
Another question: What happens if you have too much caster?

I can get some #s tommorow. I am at 5-6"..never had any DW even with unbalanced tires and the steering way way out of wack.

Back