• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d30 seals

DurbElites

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 95 xj w/d30 reverse cut and i need front seals for the axel because i am changing gears, does anyone have a part number for them? because the guy at the auto parts store didn't know what (axel without disconnect) meant and i drew a blank about it for some reason and cant remember what it meant. so i figured a number would be easier for him. and also what can i do about those plastic what looks to be mud deflectors near them?

Part # for who? There is no outer seals, only inner seals and you have to pull the carrier to change them. The plastic pieces are good if you like to play in the mud.

so let me get this straight there are no outer seals like the back to change? because i already know about the inners i am changing those but the auto parts store said it came with them... so... then what do non disconnect mean then is that the vaccum hose like the 80's models? because mine has no vacum line just a vent so i didn't know what he meant by non disconnect.

A disco axle has a vaccum motor mounted on the axle tube that will engage the front shafts to the differential via a shift fork.
A non-disco axle is a live axle. When the vehicle is moving the whole driveline front to rear is moving but, the front is not powered.
Think of it as a front axle with locking hubs that doesn't have locking hubs.
Only inner seals on the D30.

yeah what Bing-Bing said. the only thing close to an "outer" seal would be in the disconnect axle where the oil seal for that side is actually out-board of the disconnect mechanism. but its still not listed as an "outer"

Nothing the axle tube is open until you reach the carrier and thats where the seal is.

DurbElites said:
ok so then what is under the plastic mud things then because i want to get all the parts new before changing gears?

The plastic mud things also known as dust slingers are replaceable.
The new come in two pieces that snap together. They can be installed without getting the shaft, out.

Back