• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ Build, what do you think?

IMPRZV1

NAXJA Forum User
So I bought a 99 XJ in November with about 98k on it. I am no longer driving it because I bought a daily driver that gets about 40mpg! So now I am getting ready to tear the XJ apart.
PLANS:
TnT LA Kit - because you guys said it was the best
8.8 in the garage already with all brackets ready to go (except for gear and locker)
Rubicon 4to1 Transfer case because it is about the same price as Tera Low and SYE already in the garage
33x12.50 or do you think I should go with 35s with the TnT kit?
I plan on building the stock 30 front with an ARB and new gears (4.56 or 4.88?)
Is it true that I already have a HP on my D30?
Probably new DS front and read b.c of the the Roc Trac Tcase

Is there anything that you guys see that I should not do or not necessary, what am I forgetting? Most of my friends drive TJs or something else, they have very little experience in the XJs so I am kinda on my own here. Thank you for your input!

33's will probably keep you out of some things you shouldn't be in until you have some more seat time.

and yes its a hp 30

Thank you for the reply, I agree on the 33, plus I really do not want to hack that much - I want to keep the stock flares if I can.

Back