• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 sensors

hippymill

NAXJA Forum User
chasing fuel economy issues... tested cts, and had 1780 ohms cold, and 6800 ohms hot-obviously bad. mat sensor 7000 ohms cold, 0.2 ohms hot-seems obviously bad, although the service manual says 4000 ohms or less(definitely less) hot. replacing both, do I need to reset the computer after installing? also, does anyone know the map sensor part #? local parts dealer has a gap in his book for '95.

You shouldn't have to reset the computer. It will continue to store any codes for 40 starts, but otherwise, once the problem is fixed, it will be fine and it won't actuate the check engine light while running.

The MAP sensor on a 95 is the same as the one on 87 up until whatever year (96 or 97, I'm not sure which) they changed the mounting from firewall to manifold. If the dealer has a listing for 94, take it.

sensors replaced, and I tested the map sensor. the map shows 4.86v across the a and b terminals cold, and the same across the a and c terminals. when the engine warms up, the voltage across the a and b terminals drops to 1.2v to 1.6v and fluctuates. Is the map sensor bad?

hippymill said:
sensors replaced, and I tested the map sensor. the map shows 4.86v across the a and b terminals cold, and the same across the a and c terminals. when the engine warms up, the voltage across the a and b terminals drops to 1.2v to 1.6v and fluctuates. Is the map sensor bad?

Those voltage readings are just about what the service manual calls for. I would guess the map sensor is good.

Back