• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which leaf to add?

foxwar71

NAXJA Forum User
whats up everyone. now before u all say search, i did. ive been lookin through everything there is about S10/blazer bastard packs there is. the only thing is that they are all for getting around 3" - 5". im only looking at gettin 2" over stock. i have a brand spankin new set of quadratec HD's and ive got a set of leafs out of an older model S10 blazer. i was thinkin of using the main leaf off of that and addin it under the main i nthe new pack. what do u all think? i woulda used my old mains, but they are too far gone to be any use. so, basically, what junkyard leafs can i use fro 2" total? thanks.

There's no 'right' answer to your question; every vehicle's springs are going to be different. If you've already got the leafs (leafs or leaves?), play around with some different combinations. Maybe add the S10 main between your main leaf and second leaf, maybe replace your second leaf with the S10 main. There has to be a combination of your Cherokee and S10 leaf packs that will net you two inches.

Well, bastard packs are all about trail and error. If you're only looking for 2" I'd try just adding just the second leaf from the s10 packs, and see what you got. It may take some playing around with different combos to get it where you want. I'd guess you will be close by adding the 1 spring.
This is what I've personally had experience with:
A second XJ main leaf gives you about 1"
All the leaves in the S-10 pack added to the XJ main gives 4-4.5" (without a second main leaf)
I am now using 2 XJ mains, all the s10 pack, and all the XJ pack. Also cut down the overload spring and added it for an extra 1/2". I'm right at 6" measuring the "dirty" way. It's a little stiff, but will do till I can link it!

Good Luck!

it depends but i would not add the shortest or the overload leaf. I used the 3rd leaf down and it was lifting it too much, and i cut it down to the size of the small cherokee leaf, which is like 28in total length, its the perfect 2-2.5in lift but its making the stock leafs invert at the ends. I think you best bet is to use the longest leaf only, since it will support a saggy jeep main leaf then use one or two more cherokee leafs under that. So its just a thought, but trial and error for sure ive done it coming on 4 times now in two weeks, since im not getting what i want. I wish i had used a cherokee pack since the s10 arch is so much greater then the jeep.

foxwar71 said:
i also wanted to ask can i just use a new grade 8 bolt instead of gettin new center pins?

Grade 8 is not needed.

Most use SHCS.

Sorry,
EDIT: Socket Head Cap Screws

Back