• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Oil Pressure

Just recently installed 3" lift, 31" tires and K&N filter and now when I first start it the oil pressure reads just a smidge below the highest number, can't remember the number right now, maybe 90. Anyway, it pretty much stays there for at least 30 minutes of driving then just goes down a little bit. I have always thought 75 was about the highest exceptable number under normal driving conditions. Someone mentioned to me that I shouldn't use 10W30 anymore. They said possibly a 5W30. Does anyone else do this or have any other suggestions for me. Thanks in advance.......

Right next to the oil filter is the oil pressure sender unit. It's right there where it's very easy to break when removing the filter (trust me). This would be my guess, when I broke the one on my dad's 93 the needle just stayed pegged to the right. wiggle the sensor and see if it's loose or snapped in half

replacement is easy, and the sender is cheap. I'm sure someone here knows how to test it, if it's not obviously broken.

Back