• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need An XJ

XJ858

NAXJA Forum User
I've been lurking on this list for a few weeks now, but finally I'm in a position to buy an XJ. I need a 4 door model with the 4.0 and a manual trans. Other then that I need the newest year/fewest miles I can find. Anyone have any leads? I've been scouring auto-trader but being this picky they are few and far between.

Anyway good to meet all of you. BTW what is the benifit of signing up as a member and does it cost any money?

-Ben
San Diego

Why manual? If you are going to wheel it I would suggest an Auto unless you are going to swap the t-case or throw in a Atlas of something. I have a manual and it really sucked until I got the 4:1 in.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sold on the manual part as every car and the last 2 jeeps I've owned have been manual and anything else just feels strange. Its also going to see the highway about 95% of the time (I know, then why get another jeep? Probibly so I can day-dream while I'm stuck in traffic). I'm not really into rock crawling-either but would love to see some of you out in the local dirt.

I've been on a few car forums in the past but it was mostly trash-talking with a few technical details here and there. Somehow this forum seems alittle more helpful.

XJ858 said:
Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sold on the manual part as every car and the last 2 jeeps I've owned have been manual and anything else just feels strange. Its also going to see the highway about 95% of the time (I know, then why get another jeep? Probibly so I can day-dream while I'm stuck in traffic). I'm not really into rock crawling-either but would love to see some of you out in the local dirt.

I've been on a few car forums in the past but it was mostly trash-talking with a few technical details here and there. Somehow this forum seems alittle more helpful.

Yeah, when I bought the XJ it was intended to be 99% Daily driver but it is slowly evolving into what will eventually be a trail rig only (someday). Once you get started you will likely keep going. Watch the socal forum for trail runs and NAXJA events. You wouldnt be the only one with a stock jeep (when you get one). Come on out!

Back