• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another bastard pack question...

Cornflake

NAXJA Forum User
I've used the search feature and came up with lots of info on making a bastard leaf pack, but was curious on which is the better way to go if any? Dakota, S10, etc.? I want 3-4 inches of rear lift without spending too much on a new XJ pack. What are the best leafs to take from the junkyard? What are the years on these that I need to look for? Any help would be appreciated. I have an '89 with a 2 inch lift now (shackles, spacers). My fenders are cut to hell and I'm rolling on 31's. Want to produce 5-6 inch lift including the hardware I have now. I'm going to buy new front coils for the lift.

I spent a bunch of time looking at leafs in the junk yard. S-10s and Dakotas looked too thick, but will work as many people will tell you. Later Explorers had 2 thick leafs. I liked my MJ leafs the best. Just like XJ but more arch from being spring under. I used the whole pack from a MJ minus the over load. Used my main leaf to bolt to, my overload and next one up for spacing. With my 3/4 shackle got 5.5. I'm not saying the s-10 dakotas are no good, they are. I just liked my MJs better. If you can find some you will see what I mean.

Back