• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CJ 9", would it fit?

bshaw

NAXJA Forum User
Found one that came out of a CJ with an SOA conversion. Axle is still full width too, which I want to stay at. Anyone think this would bolt right in to an XJ? Basically just wondering if the spring perches would be in the right locations. Thanks ahead of time!

bshaw said:
Found one that came out of a CJ with an SOA conversion. Axle is still full width too, which I want to stay at. Anyone think this would bolt right in to an XJ? Basically just wondering if the spring perches would be in the right locations. Thanks ahead of time!

I've got one in my pants, lemme check.

Lawn Cher' said:
I've got one in my pants, lemme check.
you must be measuring from base to tip and then back to the base.

bshaw said:

My first thought would be, figure out the distance on a XJ. Then compare that to the distance on a CJ...............:dunno:

Not sure about the one under the CJ, but the one from under a 1985 or older Ford truck WILL bolt in. I have allready done that, now, I get to have fun mounting the H/P 44 front axle that came free with the 9" axle. ( Oh, uh, the rest of the truck came free with the purchase of the rear axle also.)

This might be obvious, but CJ's never came with a 9". CJ's also had two different axle widths, narrow track (pre-82ish) and wide track (post 82ish). With those two things in mind, the housing is either a custom made job, or it is an Early Bronco rear end used for a wide track CJ. I don't think the spring perches are going to line up in either case.

Tape measures are your friend...

Back