• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Follow up on my new TPS

my65289stang

NAXJA Forum User
If you have not followed my posts, I was having trouble with my 96 4.0 hesitating on acceleration. It would lose power when I would hit the gas sometimes and I would hear a "pop" and then it would continue to accelerate. I went through plugs, wires, cap, rotor, etc (which it needed anyways) and I was still having issues with acceleration. I read on this forum that the TPS may be the cause for this problem so I replaced it and it didn't seem to work still. Forum member "langer1" suggested removing the battery cable to reset the ECU for the new TPS so I did that last night after work and the problem seems to be gone, it ran awesome on the way to work. So hopefully that is the end of the issue. I just wanted to post for people who are having similar issues, this $30 part may solve them. Thanks again to "langer1" and the rest of the forum for all of the info

Brian
96 cherokee 4X4 4.0
65 Mustang-347, T5 5 speed

What brand TPS did you use ?

Back