• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Removal

BgGrnXJ

NAXJA Forum User
When removing the doors on an XJ with power windows and locks what did you guys do about the wiring. I still want to have power windows and locks when i put the doors back on. When I took the inside kick panel off to expose the wiring harness the harness is to big to fit through the hole so it can't be pulled through and unclipped. Any suggestions would be helpful.

The harness will fit through, just do 1 part of it at a time. The rear power windows/locks won't work with the front harnesses unplugged.

I have thought about buying a seperate door wiring harness and remounting my controls on my dash...

jfiscus said:
The harness will fit through, just do 1 part of it at a time. The rear power windows/locks won't work with the front harnesses unplugged.

I have thought about buying a seperate door wiring harness and remounting my controls on my dash...
Buy a 2 door and you wont have that problem:)

Last night I just tried to switch the harness around to make it disconnect where the grommit meets the door. I was trying to fit all 3 of the harnesses on the driver door in between the body panels. It does not fit. I then went looking for a wire harness that had 20 connection points. The only one that I found was way to big to fit in th body panel. So I rewired it back to stock. I guess I will have to spend the 2 extra minutes to pull the kick panels back and unplug from there. I ran doorless for the first time this last rain free Sunday. Visibility is the biggest gain. I really like it. But from what I have found you will have to pull the harness through the door.

Has anyone found a wire harness that will work for a fully powered up door?

The hot rod guys use these spring loaded pin connectors.
40024.jpg

Back