• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulling the front

xjrrrdx

NAXJA Forum User
How hard is it to pull the front. Ive installed my long arms, lockers, u-joints, shafts, replaced a wheel bearing just to give a little of my lack of experience.

Well now its time for gears, I have the chance to get my front and rear geared for $140 each axle, but i need to have them pulled and drained and all that crap. So besides arms, trackbar, swaybar links. What all do I need to take off, i think the tie rod, draglink and who knows what else. And how hard is it to get the stuff off. Sorry for the noob question but i never really looked at how to pull it.

Tie rod/drag link, track bar, control arms, shocks, spring retainers, brake calipers & swaybar links. That should do it. If I missed something you'll find it. You may need a pickle fork to get the TRE's loose, but everything else can be removed with basic hand tools. Last one I took out took about an hour. HTH. JIM.

Back