• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better lift s-10 springs or AAL

acantare

NAXJA Forum User
Im putting together a lift for my little brothers XJ. He has very little $. He is thinking 3-4" of lift. I like the idea off adding the S-10 leafs to the main XJ leaf, however is this better in terms of ride both on and offroad then a traditional AAL?

S10 springs will be far better. Do a search for bastard leafs and you will find many articles on this type of lift...including how many leaf, which leafs, etc. for x" lift. I used a complete set of dakota springs under my main spring to get a total of 5" of lift.

I'm thinking of going for rusty's new 2 inch system he has up there. full 2 inch coils, FULL LENGTH AALS, and 4 new shocks all for 250 bucks. That's not a bad deal at all if you ask me.

Why not do their 3 inch lift with all of those things? Long AAL, 3 inch coils,
t.c. drop, shocks, brakleline extensions $245.00 from Rusty's. Doesn't make sense to go 2" for $5 more....

my first thought was to go with a rustys 3" ALL kit for $245. However my brothers leafs are sagging really bad so i was going to go to the junk yard to get a newer XJ leaf packs, so figure while there i can just get the s-10 leafs.

Wow I'm retarded...I didn't even see the 3 inch for 245...I'll have to look into that. Granted from the center of my rear wheel to the bottom of the wheel well is about 16-16.5 inches, I'm not sure if I should even bother with an AAL.

I bought the RE 4.5" AAL kit and used S-10 springs instead of the AAL's and it rides pretty decent.

s-10 blazer packs worked great for me. '96 up will net around 2.5 inches. Pre '95 will put you more around 4.

I would order a complete kit with shocks, lower controll arms, and an ad-a-leaf. Maybe the black diamond kit. Sell the add-a-leaf and throw in some s-10 blazer springs. It would be as good a kit as the full leaf pack kits but cost less.

You can do it cheap. I did.

That being said there is a lot to be said for a complete kit with lower control arms, etc... Just less headach in the long run.

Back