• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I need a new front DS too?

435Mj

NAXJA Forum User
i just bought my RE 4.5 spring pack kit(6130) and i know i have to get a SYE/CV DS to replace the rear DS but do i have to get a new front DS or mess with it at all. i have a 93 w/ a NP231 TC with a manual trans. thanks tim.

skyjackedxj96 said:
your front shaft will work fine
my stock front shaft worked fine at the 4.5" and 6" that I was at in the past... with the stock front axle that is...

same setup - 92, 4.0, ax-15, 231, HP d30

Last edited:
i was running a stock driveshat on my ax15 at 5". i run a AW4 shaft now, and it does the job.

Your front should be fine Toker... although checking the u-joints and putting on new straps wouldn't hurt. Pulling it to do your lift helps things go smoother. Get as much out of the way as possible so you can clean up under there, perhaps even hit it with the spray gun if needed. Gives you the chance to check the pinion seal on the D30 and your TC as well.

Rocketman said:
Your front should be fine Toker... although checking the u-joints and putting on new straps wouldn't hurt. Pulling it to do your lift helps things go smoother. Get as much out of the way as possible so you can clean up under there, perhaps even hit it with the spray gun if needed. Gives you the chance to check the pinion seal on the D30 and your TC as well.

just replaced the front u-joints last sunday. what are straps?

Back