• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new Camper/4-Wheeler

My previous 4x4 was a Range Rover. Most of the guys I used to wheel with drove Disco's, or classic Land Rovers (usually of the smaller variety, 88's or 109's). That LR would be cool, but I think it would get old very quickly and not the kind of vehicle I would want to spend much time off road with. A forward control 101 on the other hand would be sweet, or a Unimog, or, or, or. Oh yeah now I remember why I love my XJ :) It is reliable and doesn't need CONSTANT work.

I have wheeled with Hummers (not the II's and III's, but the real ones) and they are the biggest (literaly) pain in the arse!! That truck would be a mess just getting to the trail, it would never fit anywhere and can you imagine if you did get it on the trail and got it stuck. How would you ever get it out?
Now you know why the military has all the equipment they do:)

Keep on dreaming. I love my XJ and when I have the time and money my next project will be a Range Rover chassi and body and maybe some basic suspension components. The rest will be completely my own unusual assortment of parts!! I can't wait!!

Michael

Back