• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Elbe this weekend

mud1059

NAXJA Forum User
Left Elbe yesterday, never been there before. I live in Sumner, somewhat closer to Evan's Creek. Had a hell of a good time. I consider it much better than Evan's. It seems like Evan's is maintained for the more stock vehicles than it was 5 years ago before I left for the Marine Corps. Elbe, the first trail we took, looked like it was dug out by a damned backhoe! Which by the way, does anybody have a spare tranny? : ) I kinda had to limp home with 2nd gear only. But a buddy and I are lookin to go back up there this weekend if I can get a tranny to put in there. Heck, I don't even know what kinda tranny it is 5 spd either a BA10/5 or AX15. It's a '87 with a factory tow package and D44. Any ideas? Well if anybody's lookin to go, hollar back on this thread I guess either I'm going and hopefully we can meet up or I'll be tearing my POS apart. Also, if you've never been there before...if you like your windows/body, you may not want to attempt Elbe, it's pretty hairy in quite a few locations. Although I only took 2 out of more than 8+ trails. Somebody just slap me around if I'm talkin out my arse.

Couple things:

1. Welcome back, thanks for your service in the USMC. Semper Fi.

2. You guys need to stop talking about Elbe. All I hear is good things, and my Jeep is out of commission...and I WANT TO GO! So stop talking about how cool it is for at least two weeks.

3. Evans is not the most incredible technically gnarly place, but it is still a lot of fun.

4. Tell us about your Jeep, and show us some pics!

5. For a tranny, try PM'ing Avonteone. He might have something for ya.

-----Matt-----

mud1059 said:
Elbe, the first trail we took, looked like it was dug out by a damned backhoe! .

That must be the lower section of the Sunrise Trail. I winched a samuri off that trail last week after he blew his tcase.

I might be up for Elbe this weekend. I am heading up to Evans on Thursday with some SWB guys. If the jeep is still in one piece when I get back I might be able to make it up to Elbe. Sunday is better for me, but Saturday is ok too…

Last edited:
Back