• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick tire/lift question

imprtfightr

NAXJA Forum User
I have a RE 3.5" lift (full rears) and a 3/4 Daystar spacer added to the front to compensate for the bumper.

I have 10.5/31" BFG M/T's. I want to go to 10.5/33's. Will Fender trimming work or do I need to go higher? I am thinking another inch would work. What would be the easiest way to gain another inch? I can add a Shackel in the rear, but what about the front? Will that with trimming be enough?

wut i would advise you to do is get a budget boost kit get a longer shakle in the back and another spacer up front rustysoffroad.com sells a good bb make sure you get the one that has the longer shackle and spacer, 33's on a 3 inch lift would literally mean that you would have to cut out most of your fenders and i doubt they would fit in the rear, i run a 3 inch lift with 2 inch budget boost on 33x12.50s and i get a lil rub a full flex im about to upgrade to a 6 inch kit though
wheelin006.jpg

i cut at the front right under the side markers chopped off the bottom, if yours is an older year u might wanna do it the newer years come like this, i also had to trim some on the inside of the fenders so my tire would turn lol

I think you can trim a bit, and maybe bumpstop to fit it. Currently, i have the RE 3.5" lift with 31s. Im getting 33s this summer. I'm gonna throw a spacer in the front, and a shackle in the rear. If need be, i'll bump stop it to keep my wheels out of my fenders.

What backspacing do you have? I have 4" right now and dont rub anywhere, even at full flex.

redneckjeeper94 said:
wut i would advise you to do is get a budget boost kit get a longer shakle in the back and another spacer up front rustysoffroad.com sells a good bb make sure you get the one that has the longer shackle and spacer, 33's on a 3 inch lift would literally mean that you would have to cut out most of your fenders and i doubt they would fit in the rear, i run a 3 inch lift with 2 inch budget boost on 33x12.50s and i get a lil rub a full flex im about to upgrade to a 6 inch kit though
wheelin006.jpg

what backspacing do you have? Besides cutting the fender flush with the bumper, did you trim anything else?

Well, I came to this comclusion. It's a 98 XJ, so I have the cut front already. I am going to swap on TJ flares front and rear, and cut as much as possible. Like I said, I already have a 3/4" BB in the front to help from the bumper/winch weight, so I am going to make a lowerspacer, out of steel, that I can just weld into the coil cup to give it an easy lift. I'm not sure if I will just add 1 1/4" and keep the upper 3/4 or just remake them 2". In the rear, I am going to either add a 2" block or a shakle. That would be total 5" all around with quite a bit of trimming. I think I should clear okay.

I have 4" BS I am pretty sure. I have the black rock crawlers. I know they came in like 3.75 and 4". Right now, on 31's I rubbed a bit, but I think it was because I still had my bumper corners on. They got ripped off while wheeling, so I assume that was what was rubbing.

I may also have to fab or buy some lower adjustable arms. I am real close to the rear of the front wheel well. 2 more inches may make me too close.

your current lift with trimming will be fine with 33s. just make sure to adjust your bumpstops accordingly.

I swear it should be. There is a lot of room, except for right behind the front tire. Other than that there seems to be plenty.

I don't mind lifting if I have to, but I just finally got my driveline angles decent and got rid of most vibes. I'd hate to have to do it all again.

100_0887.JPG

Back