• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Wheels

LT1

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to purchase some rubicon rims for my 99 2dr XJ. Anybody have have advice on where I could get some and how much $$$.
Thanks in advance

ebay, local jeep groups, boneyards or pay some super big bucks and get them from DC/Jeep...they come up on www.bmja.org for sale or you can post a item in the wanted section...I've gotten alot of nice wheels that way...

i c them on ebay all the time. usually they are priced around $500 or more, ending auction price. nice looking wheels though, look pretty darn sharp on an XJ

Cragislist. Got mine from there primarily because I couldn't find a set on eBay or elsewhere that were affordable after shipping. Be sure to check the cities around your area that you'd be willing to drive to as well - after failing to find a set in the Los Angeles area, I ended up driving down to Carlsbad (about 2 hours away) to pick mine up. Now would be a good time to be looking for them - I've noticed the prices steadily climbing for them over the past few months as they've become a more and more popular retrofit item.

Also, I don't know if you're looking to get them with or without the tires (245/75-R16 Goodyear MT/Rs are stock), but don't expect them to fit under a non-lifted (i.e., stock) XJ without large amounts of rubbing if you're planning on using the tires.

I got mine off Craigslist too. Shipping was the dealbreaker for eBay for me as well.

I paid $850 for mine with stock Rubi MT/R's (~4000 miles) -- considerably less than the prices I saw thrown around on eBay. The fella I bought them from needed the garage space more than the cash.

I got mine from off my dad's Rubicon...:laugh3:

I think the design team at DC messed up, though. My dad is a member of an online Rubicon group and everyone on there does the same thing. As soon as they get their Rubicons they get rid of the stock rims and tires. Meanwhile all the XJ and MJ guys are trying to buy them for their rigs. I think DC should just start making the XJ/MJ again and put the Moabs on them, have them sit about 3" taller, and have D44's stock. Is that asking too much?

I'm thinking about these for my 86. I figure I can get some MTR's and rims for aorund the same price as just new tires.

Back