• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fixing unlevel lift

hippymill

NAXJA Forum User
so my 3" lft sits low on one side in the back. have tried switching springs from 1 side to another, replacing the spring on the low side. all to no avail. can I put a lift block or aal on one side only to correct this?
thanks

im gonna say no
if u just got the lift u might wanna call customer service and see what they can do for you

but also drive around on it for a few days and see if they settle the same

cas

hippymill said:
so my 3" lft sits low on one side in the back. have tried switching springs from 1 side to another, replacing the spring on the low side. all to no avail.
So when you switch the left and right leaf springs, the same side of your Jeep is low? Did you switch shackles too?

There are custom spring packs with an extra leaf on one side. I'll see if I can find the site.
The torque on the drivetrain puts more of a load on the passenger side so they put an extra leaf to correct this.
Of course swapping springs would usually change things.
It may be possible the problem is in the front, therefore causing no change when swapping components.
How long have you had the lift?

skyjacker full leaf packs. front measures level. the problem is the drivers side rear spring. the shackles are new factory shackles, and measure exactly the same. lift has been on since early february. d side settled within a week. got a replacement spring from skyjacker, and put it on, and the thing still was low on the d-side. switched springs from side to side, and it looked level until I wheeled it, now showing the same amount of sag on the drivers side. can't figure it out. measured the length between the front spring bolts and the upper shackle bolts, and that is also exactly the same. thats why I thought I could just level it with a 1" block on the drivers side, but I don't know if that will throw off anything in the driveline.

it won't throw anything off in the driveline, but when you add blocks you run the risk of axle wrap. Axle wrap on just one side would do some real weird things.

I know mine was really bad after a wheeling trip, I ended up using yj springs to construct my leaf packs in order to make custom packs, this worked better for me. Also they actually ride better!

that was another option I thought i might use is to add a leaf to the drivers side leaf pack. I know that axle wrap is a real issue with 3" or more of blocks, but would 1" really cause much, if any, axle wrap?

The problem is AALs are STIFF!
Your best bet would be to go to the junkyard and get a spring pack from a sprung over truck. Dakota or S-10 springs would work great. You may be able to get just one side, then use a single leaf out of that as an AAL.

Oh and 1" blocks may not be toooo bad, but I wouldn't want just one.

mine sits unlevel because the upper bushing in my shackle is frozen and won't flex so it sits higher than the other side. If you didn't change the shackles and your junk is old, you may want to check that.

shackles were replaced with new ones. how would I get about 1" with a leaf from another? is it going to be a trial and error effort or what?

How can the front be level and the rear be unlevel? Is your Jeep body twisted? Last I checked, the front and rear of the body are connected to one another. You can't tip one end without tipping the other. Do you have one tire smaller than the others or something?

Jared:patriot:

hippymill said:
shackles were replaced with new ones. how would I get about 1" with a leaf from another? is it going to be a trial and error effort or what?

It may take a little trial and error to get it "perfect", but you should be able to get an inch from 1 leaf, maybe more. I have tried several combos of "bastard" leaf packs, and just adding a second STOCK main leaf with the eyes cut off gives about an inch on stock packs. Adding another leaf from a sprung under ride (more arch than SOA) to a lift pack should yield similar results, and ride better than blocks or an AAL.
Before you do any of that check and make sure your shackles arn't in a bind.

Back